I have become rather addicted to possibly the most exciting US election race in my lifetime. The twists and turns from the primaries through VP selection to now would each in their own right made this a special election cycle. Combined it is a total roller-coaster. On top of all that we are possibly witnessing the ideological failing of the Republican Party. The party of small government is currently impotent in the face of the free market.
Here is some recommended daily reading to keep you up to date with the unfolding drama.
- Talkingpointsmemo.com - The definitive left wing political blog
- Andrew Sullivan's Daily Dish - Great commentary regularly updated.
- themudflats.net - Alaskan blogger focusing on Sarah Palin and the scandals in his state. The comments alone on this blog are worth visiting it for.
- Jon Taplin's Blog - USC professor with great insight into the economic issues. Also well worht checking out his very prescient work on the economy - The Cost of Empire
- Swampland - Time magazines political blog